About this blog...

Here you will find the juggles and struggles of my life, from funny to serious and how I deal with them. God and my family are very important to me and I hope that will be obvious in the content of this blog. Feel free to: take the Bible quiz, bookmark this blog, leave a comment or email a post to a friend. Whatever you do, enjoy your stay and stop by again soon! God Bless, Kathleen

Current News

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Today is a wonderful day!


I woke up with my eyes watering and foggy and hurting with the glare from the light outside and even inside due to my corneal disease. I even had to wear my sunglasses during our church service. It would have been easy to have a "poor me" attitude today, and I think I did at first.
But then, a dear sister in Christ asked me about my eyes at church and she seemed to really have empathy for me, almost pity. I started to agree with her in my mind, but then a different thought came into my mind that could have only come from God. I told her, "I thank God for every day that I wake up and I can still see. Today is a good day."
It's easy to think of things that we are going through and get discouraged. It's easy to dwell on ourselves. Jesus never said life would be easy if we accept Him, only that He would be with us each step of the way and give us strength to endure whatever we encounter on this earth.
I heard a baby cry in church today and thought of a friend sitting down the row, that recently miscarried her precious twin babies and how her heart must ache to hear that baby's cry. I think of family members that have cancer and a life of Dr. appointments and chemo treatments and all that associated with that, not to mention an uncertain future.
So many others I haven't time or space to mention have difficult, seemingly impossible circumstances in their lives, yet...with the Lord, they endure and even have joy in the midst of struggle and pain.
In the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ we can find spiritual healing. In His death and resurrection, we can find Eternal Life. In living each day with Him we can find victory and peace, no matter what we're going through. Personally, I can't imagine living one day without the strength and presence of the Lord in my life.
Today is a wonderful day because today we celebrate the risen Savior and an empty tomb! Blessings and Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments:

Awesome Movie! "Fireproof"





Think You Know Your Bible?

ChristiansUnite.com Daily Bible Trivia